FLIR Boson® - 4.9mm Lens
Compact Shutterless LWIR Thermal Camera
The Boson® longwave infrared (LWIR) thermal camera module sets a new standard for size, weight, power, and performance (SWaP). It utilizes FLIR infrared video processing architecture to enable advanced image processing and several industry-standard communication interfaces while keeping power consumption low. The 12 µm pitch Vanadium Oxide (VOx) uncooled detector only comes as 640 x 512 resolution.
The weight of the FLIR Boson 4.3mm including the short lens is 21 ounces. The camera measures (LxWxH) 28.13mm x 29mm x 34.5mm with lens. This Boson represents the smallest footprint.
Advanced embedded processing and video analytics, as well as software-customizable functionality, give this small camera big capabilities, including integration with auxiliary sensors such as third-party cameras, GPS, and IMU.
DRAMATIC REDUCTION IN SIZE, WEIGHT AND POWER (SWaP) WITH NO REDUCTION IN PERFORMANCE
A full-featured VGA thermal camera module at less than 4.9 cm3.
- 21 x 21 x 11 mm camera body and weight as low as 7.5 g.
- Low power consumption, starting at 500 mW
- 12 µm pixel pitch VOx microbolometer with 320 and 640 resolutions.
- Rugged construction and highest temperature rating -40°C to 80°C.
POWERFUL INFRARED VIDEO PROCESSING ARCHITECTURE
FLIR infrared video processing with embedded industry-standard interfaces empowers advanced processing and analytics.
- Includes embedded algorithms for noise filters, gain control, blending, and more.
- Software-customizable functionality for video processing and power dissipation requirements.
- Built-in support for physical and protocol-level interface standards.
WIDE CONFIGURABILITY FOR FASTER DEVELOPMENT AND LOWER COST-TO-MARKET
Unprecedented integration flexibility for fast, affordable developments.
- Customized applications through FLIR-trusted third party developers.
- Mechanical/electrical compatibility across all versions.
- Variety of hardware and image processing integration to fit OEM requirements.
|Spectral Band||LWIR | 7.5 µm – 13.5 µm|
|Resolution||640 x 512 Pixels|
|Sensitivity/NEdT||<50 mK (Professional)|
|Pixel Pitch||12 µm|
|Weight||21 grams with lens|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||21 × 21 × 11 mm without lens
28.13mm x 29mm x 34.5mm with lens
|ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL|
|Control Channels||UART or USB|
|Peripheral Channels||I2C, SPI, SDIO|
|Video Channels||CMOS or USB2|
|IMAGING & OPTICAL|
|Full Frame Rate||60Hz baseline; 30 Hz runtime selectable|
|Image Orientation||Adjustable (vertical flip and/or horizontal flip)|
|Lens Options||640 x 512 95° HFoV 4.9mm (EFL)|
|Non-Uniformity Correction (NUC)||Factory calibrated; updated FFCs with FLIR’s Silent Shutterless NUC (SSN™)|
|Scene Range [high gain]||to +140 °C (high)|
|Scene Range [low gain]||+500 °C (low)|
|Snapshots||Full-frame snapshot, SDIO interface to support removable media|
|Sensor Technology||Uncooled VOx microbolometer|
|Symbology||Re-writable each frame; alpha blending for translucent overlay|
|Continuous Digital Zoom||1X to 8X zoom|
|Operational Altitude||12 km (max altitude of a commercial airliner or airborne platform)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to 80°C|
|Shock||1,500 g @ 0.4 msec|
|Input Voltage||3.3 VDC|
|Power Dissipation||Varies by configuration; as low as 500 mW|
|Precision Mounting Holes||Four tapped M1.6x0.35 (rear cover). Lens support recommended when lens mass exceeds core mass.|