Ultra High Performance Multi-Sensor Camera System
The FLIR M500 cooled thermal night vision camera is our most technologically advanced M-Series camera ever. Designed around a cryogenically cooled Mid Wave Infrared (MWIR) thermal sensor, it excels at both short and ultra-long range target detection and identification. The M500 includes a cooled midwave, high resolution 640 x 512 pixel thermal camera with a 1X to 14X continuous optical zoom and a field of view between 28° and 2°. It also comes with an integrated HD color visible camera system and a spot-beam LED target illumination system. Built on a ruggedized marine gimbal system, the M500 is a pan and tilt camera with standard gyro stabilization, video tracking and radar integration.
SUPERIOR SHORT- AND LONG-RANGE VISION
- Cooled thermal core technology and continuous optical zoom enables early detection of vessels or navigation aids in the distance
- Active gyro stabilization delivers a steady image in rough seas, simplifying target identification and enhancing situational awareness
- Superior FLIR thermal technology allows captain to quickly recognize nearby buoys and detect key landmarks, such as islands or docks
ENHANCED TARGET AWARENESS
- Video target tracking automatically keeps the M500 locked onto a moving or stationary target
- Radar integration allows the M500 to automatically track selected radar targets
- High performance thermal and visible camera payloads for detection and visible identification
- A 14× optical thermal zoom and a field of view between 2° and 28° enables long range target detection
- Easily identify long range targets with a HD color visible camera with 30× zoom and 64° to 2.3° HFOV
- The M500’s integrated spotlight Illuminates nearby targets with powerful LED beam
Cooled Thermal Sensor
Cooled MWIR Thermal imager with 640 x 512 resolution and 14x Optical Zoom.
Follow objects in the camera’s view.
Radar integration lets the M400 follow specific radar targets.
Long-Range HD Visible Camera
HD Color lowlight camera with 30x optical zoom.
Gyro stabilized to ensure steady viewing in heavy sea conditions.
High intensity LED spot-beam can highlight targets of interest, while preserving the night vision of on-deck personnel.
Pan & Tilt
360° pan and +/-90° tilt capability.
Rugged, waterproof gimbal enclosure with automatic window heaters for ice management.
|Detector Type||Cooled MWIR InSb 640x512 Focal Plane Array|
|Video Refresh Rate||25 Hz (PAL) / 30 Hz (NTSC)|
|Field of View Limits||Optical 28° x 21° WFOV to 2° x 1.5° NFOV|
|Optical Zoom||1x to 14x (continuous)|
|Spectral Response||3-5 μm|
|Visible Sensor||1/2.8” CMOS|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Field of View Limits||Optical 63.7° x 35.8° WFOV to 2.3° x 1.29° NFOV|
|Pan / Tilt Range||360° pan and +/-90° tilt capability|
|Video Interface||Analog video, HD-SDI|
|Video over Ethernet||2 channels of streaming MPEG-4, H.264, or M-JPEG|
|NMEA0183||TCP/IP, RS-422, NMEA 0183, Pelco D|
|Communications||TCP/IP, RS-422, Pelco D|
|Video Formats||NTSC or PAL NTSC or PAL, 720p30, 1080p30|
|Power Requirements||12 VDC to 24 VDC (-10%+30% per IEC 60945)|
|Power Consumption||250 W (max w/heaters)|
|Output Modes||Black hot, white hot, false color palettes|
|Contrast Enhancement||AGC or manual, histogram equalization, local contrast enhancement algorithms available|
|Sharpness Enhancement||Automatic, adjustable Digital Detail Enhancement|
|Overlays||Integrated graphics overlays to indicate azimuth, AGC, active camera and menu control|
|Operating temp||-25°C to +55°C|
|Storage temp||-50°C to +80°C|
|Weight||45 lb (20.4 kg)|
|Size||10.75” (273 mm) dia. x 15.65” (397.5 mm) ht|
|Person in the Water||~4.9 nm (9.0 km)|
|Small Vessel||~8.3 nm (15.4 km)|
|What's In The Box||